Best Vinyl Cutting Machines For 2019
A vinyl cutter or vinyl cutting machine is one of the best investments your business can make it can start turning rolls of vinyl into real dollars in as little as 20 minutes I’m going to talk to you today and I will help you choose the perfect vinyl cutter for your business since you’ve been vinyl cutter shopping you’ve probably found that 24 inch wide vinyl cutters can range in price from $300 all the way up to $3,000 or more so where does it make sense to sacrifice a few features to save a few dollars and when should you spend a little more to pick up features that the less expensive machines might not have
Let’s first have a look at the 9 Best Vinyl Cutting Machines For 2018 then we will dive more into the in’s and out’s of vinyl cutting machines after the reviews. Have a look.
Best Vinyl Cutter for Home
1.Cricut Explore Air 2 Mint
Cricut Explore Air 2 Mint
$199.00 in stock
3 used from $ 183.08
- The Cricut Explore Air 2 is your personal DIY cutting machine. Make custom vinyl stickers, personalized home decor, unique greeting cards, custom designed apparel, and more
- Upload your own images for free or choose from Cricut's vast library of pre-made designs and projects. Double tool holder for cutting and writing or cutting and scoring in one step
- Design anywhere. Free access to Cricut's simple design software, Design Space. Create and design from your computer, tablet or mobile phone using the Cricut Design App for iOS and Android devices
- Make the perfect cut every time. The Smart Set Dial ensures that your machine cuts at the correct depth and pressure for any type of material
- Cuts 100+ materials. Cricut offers a wide range of materials specifically designed and tested for use with the Cricut machine including basic and specialty Vinyl colors, Iron-on Vinyls, Cardstock, Faux Leather, Adhesive Foils, Specialty Paper, Poster Board and more
Getting Started With The Cricut Explore Air 2 & Easy DIY
Click 'Show More' to expand ⤵ I got sent the most incredible crafting machine called the Cricut Explore Air 2 in mint green. "The possibilities are limitless with ...
Best Vinyl Cutting Machine for Small Business
2 .USCutter TITAN 28 inch Vinyl Cutter
USCutter TITAN 28 inch Vinyl Cutter with Stand, Basket and VinylMaster Cut (Design and Cut) Software
- Laser registration for contour cutting function
- Carriage with 4 wheels. USB interface. RS-232 connection
- Aluminum alloy construction, precision ABS sides
- Large LCD display & control panel for adjusting speed and cutting force
- Cutter is Mac & PC compatible. Software (VinylMaster Cut) is NOT Mac compatible
3 . Cricut Maker
$349.00 in stock
7 used from $ 321.08
- Cricut Maker gives you the freedom to make everything from paper crafts, iron-ons, and vinyl decals to sewing projects, leather crafts, and balsa models
- Expandable suite of tools. With its powerful blades, pens, and scoring tool, Cricut Maker grows with you as you learn each new craft
- New Rotary Blade. With its gliding, rolling action, this blade cuts through virtually any fabric quickly and accurately - without backing material
- New Knife Blade (sold separately; coming in 2018). This extra-deep blade slices through heavier materials like 2.4mm (3/32") balsa wood and matboard with ease
- Simplifies sewing and quilting projects. Choose from hundreds of digital sewing patterns, and Cricut Maker cuts and marks all the pieces - you just sew them together
Cricut Maker Review & Test Cuts
Best Vinyl Cutter Bundle
4. Silhouette CAMEO 3 Bluetooth
Silhouette CAMEO 3 Bluetooth Starter Bundle with 26 12x12 Oracal 651 Sheets, Membership, Transfer Paper, Guide, Class, 24 Sketch Pens, and More
- This Premier Bundle is Fully Endorsed by Silhouette! Brand New Silhouette Cameo 3 with Bluetooth, Touchscreen and Manufacture's Warranty. No Internet Connection Required, No Need to Buy Designs or Fonts, This Bundle lets you Create Your Own Designs Without Spending More Money.
- 26 Sheets of Permanent Oracal 651 Vinyl - 12 Inch x 12 Inch Each (Many other sellers don't put the size and ship 9''x12"), Assorted mix of 24 Sketch Pens (Double the Ink of Previous Silhouette Pens), 1 Roll 12 Inch x 6 Feet of Premium Transfer Tape
- Autoblade - Auto Adjust Blade to Match Cut Job Material, 12 Inch x 12 Inch Cutting Mat, Vinyl Trimmer, Ratchet Adjustment Tool, Scraper Tool, Hook Tool
- Vinyl Instructional Guide by Silhouette School - Printed with Full Color Photos, Online Cameo 3 Instructional Class - Reduce your learning curve and get crafting faster, 1 Month Membership to Silhouette U - Access to Videos, Guides, Q&A, and More, 1 Month Membership to Silhouette Club - Amazing Monthly Perks from Silhouette
- 100 EXCLUSIVE DESIGNS with an ADDITIONAL 50 BONUS DESIGNS & VINYL IDEAS, CUSTOMER SERVICE & PRODUCT SUPPORT, $25 in digital downloads from Silhouette's Design Store ($25 Code is accessed during registration), Studio Software for Windows Vista / Windows 7 and higher and Mac OS X 10.5.9 and higher, USB Cord, Power Cord 110V-240V. ** Make Sure to Follow the Setup Instructions Located on top of the Cameo Machine.
How to connect with Silhouette Cameo 3 using Bluetooth
Best Vinyl Cutter Ever
5. Roland GS-24 Vinyl Cutter
Roland GS-24 Vinyl Cutter
$1,755.00 in stock
- Width: Accepts material from 2 to 27-1/2 in. wide
- Offers a maximum cutting width of 22.9"
- Achieves maximum cutting speed of 20" per second
- Delivers up to 350g blade force
- Achieves a mechanical resolution of 0.0005"
Roland GS-24: Cutting Vinyl Start to Finish
6. Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine
Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine Bundle Iron On Vinyl Pack Tools Pen Design Beginner Guide
2 used from $ 257.59
- Provo Craft-Cricut Explore Air Machine 2 Mint with adjustable cutting and writing speed up to 2x faster. Cut through a variety of materials from paper and iron-ons, to adhesive vinyl- even thick materials like felt, burlap and lightweight leather.
- Smart Set dial adjusts to the material setting easily. This machine features built-in Bluetooth for wireless cutting, writing and cutting features, or cutting and scoring in one step.
- Upload your own images (.svg, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .dxf) use Cricut Design Space online software with an iPad app, computer, tablet, or smartphone to create personalized, professional looking DIY craft projects. Works with Cricut cartridges. Prints printable images.
- Bundle includes a Cricut Explore Air 2 machine; Built-in wireless Bluetooth; Cricut Design Space software & app access; German carbide premium blade (already installed in machine); Accessory Adapter (already installed in machine); USB cord and US Standard Power Cord); 100+ free images & 50+ free project ideas from Cricut's website.
- Also included are Getting started guide; Pen & cardstock sample; Cricut 12 in. x 12 in. StandardGrip cutting mat; 5 Cricut Color Candy Shop Pens; Cricut Tool Kit (Spatula, Scraper, Scissors, Hook Tool and Needle Point Tweezers); 8 sheets vinyl, 2 sheets transfer paper (colors may vary); 12 vinyl designs & project inspiration & technique book (digital); 4 Sheets Glitter Heat Transfer (colors may vary); 12 heat transfer vinyl designs & project inspiration & technique book (digital).
Cricut Explore Air: Machine tour
In this video, get to know your new Cricut Explore Air™! You'll get an introductory tour of the premiere cutting machine, its design-and-cut system, parts, and ...
Best Small Vinyl Cutting Machine
7. Silhouette Portrait 2
Silhouette Portrait 2
$124.99 in stock
- Silhouette Portrait 2 with Bluetooth and Autoblade
- Cuts a variety of materials including: cardstock, fabric, heat transfer material, transparencies, paper, vellum, adhesive vinyland magnet paper
- Mac and PC compatible software included
- 50 exclusive digital designs
Overview & Demo of the Silhouette Portrait
Best 34-inch Vinyl Cutting Machine
8. USCutter Vinyl Cutter MH 34in
USCutter Vinyl Cutter MH 34in BUNDLE - Sign Making Kit w/Design & Cut Software, Supplies, Tools
- 34" MH Cutter w/VinylMaster Cut - Design and Cut Software
- Three fully adjustable pinch-rollers allow you to use a flexible range of materials.
- Superior ball-bearing dual roller media roller system.
- Roland compatible blade holder gives you access to the most economical blades available.
- Vinyl rolls, transfer tapes, magnetic blanks, knife, squeegee, lifetime phone support.
MH Series Setup and Installation Guide
Best Vinyl Cutter for Home
9. Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting Machine Vinyl
Silhouette CAMEO Vinyl Starter Kit Bundle with PixScan Cutting Mat (White)
Let’s start by talking about what you can make with a vinyl cutter in any price range every vinyl cutter you research will give you the ability to make signs decals and heat transfers using standard vinyls standard vinyls for signs and decals are also known as cast or calendared vinyls they stick to any hard flat surface come in colors and leave a gloss or matte finish
They can range in thickness from two mil thick to four mil thick if you’ve seen a stick figure on the back of a minivan driving down the interstate then you’re familiar with standard sign vinyl standard vinyls for making heat transfers are known by many different brand names if you I recommend our thermo film fashion film or sportfilm lite
These vinyls can be heat applied to any cotton or polyester fabric they come in common colors and they leave a gloss or matte finish they can range in thickness from 70 to 120 microns and are used to personalize t-shirts bags sweatshirts banners and more almost every vinyl cutter without exception will give you the ability to make signs decals and heat transfers with these types of vinyl
If you’re satisfied using standard vinyls exclusively then you can invest as little as $500 in your vinyl cutter
We’ll come back to this price range in a few minutes to help you choose which inexpensive cutter is right for you but if you want to do more than decorate t-shirts and standard signs then let’s look at the next set of items you can make with a vinyl cutter
Did you know that there are films you can cut to decorate performance fabric and other synthetics like swimsuits umbrellas windbreakers and stadium seats
These films are different from standard heat transfer films in a number of ways
The most important difference to choosing a vinyl cutter is that they are significantly thinner than standard vinyls that means the perfect vinyl cutter for cutting these thin films will have superior material handling capabilities and very precise downforce to cut just through the film layer of a roll
Machines with this type of precision cutting and material handling typically have a digital servo control. A digital servo control operates in a closed loop which means the cutter is always making adjustments from position feedback to control its motion and final position that not only makes the movement of the cutting head more accurate but also the movement of the roller that feeds the material back and forth through the cutter.
The other motor option which is typically found in vinyl cutters under $1000 is a stepper motor.
A stepper motor operates with an open-loop it doesn’t receive any feedback on motion or position and breaks movements into rotations or smaller steps stepper motors are known for how loud they are and are typically warranted for half the time of a digital servo controller
If you want to be able to consistently and accurately cut performance heat transfer vinyls for applications like performance wear nylon jackets umbrellas and sublimated garments then you will need a vinyl cutter with a digital servo control
There are also vinyls on the opposite end of the performance spectrum these vinyls are very thick and durable designed for application onto jerseys and garments that would be used in full contact sports or for designs that really need to pop off the garment like glitters blocks and puffs.These types of vinyls require a vinyl cutter with significant downforce again machines with stepper motors might work for a short while but they will eventually wear out if you’re cutting a lot of thick durable vinyl
Look for a machine with a digital servo control combined with at least 250 grams of downforce for consistent and accurate cutting on thicker materials it’s in this category of super thick or super thin difficult to cut vinyls that the additional features of the premium vinyl cutters begin to differentiate themselves as the best machines
Maybe you’ve heard of some of these features before but wondered why they matter when choosing the right vinyl cutter for you features like over cut or tangential emulation or guaranteed tracking
Let’s give some substance to these words and how they relate to the performance you need from your vinyl cutter
The over cut feature of a vinyl cutter does exactly what it says it cuts over the end of the line and your graphic to make sure the cut is complete this really comes in handy when you’re cutting rhinestone templates from flock or sandblast material
One of the most difficult cuts to complete for any vinyl cutter is a circle and a rhinestone template graphic is nothing but a series of small circles you will want a vinyl cutter with the over cut feature to make weeding your rhinestone template graphics a breeze
This feature is available for under $2,000 on the GCC puma 3 and the graft xee 6000 – 60 when a vinyl cutter is cutting the blade is being dragged through the vinyl to cut it and every blade has an angle and an offset
This angle and offset from the center of the blade shaft make it possible for the vinyl cutter to find the path of least resistance through the vinyl and when it comes time to take a corner the blade continues to swivel and drag around that corner
That’s why it’s important to know the degree and recommended offset for your cutting blade because the cutter will adjust accordingly so that the dragging of the blade around corners doesn’t cause them to become rounded or concave
What a tangential cutter does is pick up the blade holder and spin the blade in a completely different direction to create more cleanly cut corners the blade essentially goes off on a tangent or in a completely different direction. The graph tech see e6000 the jaguar 4 and the puma 3 all offer tangential emulation mode they lift the blade holder and allow the blade to turn in the right direction this gives you the ability to cut thicker and thinner materials more accurately and achieve finer detail in the graphics you cut
Another important thing to consider when choosing the perfect vinyl cutter for your business are the types of graphics you want to make if you have the opportunity to sell into the promotional market
You may get a lot of requests for graphics that will be applied to the left chest area of a shirt like my shirt is or on smaller items like can koozies or pad folios tablet cases or tablet covers
That means you will need a cutter that can handle graphics with fine detail.
This points us back to the vinyl cutters with digital servo controls and features like tangential emulation and overcut. These features help you to cut smaller text and graphics cleanly for application onto small items or spaces you might find yourself in just the opposite situation maybe your potential customer base will require large graphics like the one you see on the wall
Maybe you’ll be cutting team after team for the local soccer league or you might find that you’re asked to produce some large signs for outdoor use or even pinstripe graphics for vehicles or trailers to produce these larger orders and graphics used to choose a vinyl cutter with a sufficient amount of guaranteed tracking .
Guaranteed tracking is the distance that the vinyl roll will feed straight and unattended through the vinyl cutter ,if you have a pinstripe to cut that’s 12 feet long and you can only feed 10 feet of material through your machine you’re going to add steps to the cutting process again
We have to look to the graphtec see e6000or the GCC Jaguar for to cut graphics for jobs longer than 20 feet. At this point we’ve examined the nuts and bolts of a vinyl cutter and how the features found in some of the premium machines can actually help you return more on your initial investment
Now it’s time to bring the inexpensive machines back into the conversation because it’s time to talk software whether you’ve decided on investing less than $500 or upwards of 2,000
The software that is included or available for your machine can make all of the difference it all software is not created equal ,every vinyl cutter requires a vector file to be sent to it for cutting and there are two design software’s that are staples in the creation of vector graphics
Use CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator if you plan on using one of these to design software’s make sure the vinyl cutter you were purchasing has a plugin that is compatible with them
The GCC machines come with a plugin called great cut
The roland machine comes with cut studio and the graphtec machines come with cutting master three all three are compatible with CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator on PCs but only the graphtec plugin works out of the box with illustrator
On a Mac these plugins also control the contour cutting capability of your machine almost, every premium vinyl cutter gives you the ability to contour cut full-color graphics using registration marks this is normally done through an automatic process built into the machine and plug-in software graphtec calls at the arm system and rollin calls an optical registration and this is where the GCC expert LX stands out
Among its inexpensive competitors most machines with contour cutting capability in the economy price range require you to manually align the registration marks a laser pointer on the machine
The expert LX uses what GCC calls the auto aligning system to read the registration marks automatically for you. This feature saves you time and is more accurate than the normal process required by other less expensive contour cutting machines
But what if you don’t want to spend the 500 to 1000 dollars on a design software like CorelDraw or Illustrator that was built to do way more than graphics for just vinyl cutting
Some vinyl cutter manufacturers thought of that and they included design software in addition to their plug-in for CorelDraw and illustrator
Rowland’s cut studio plugin gives you some design capabilities in graft X design software , graphtec studio provides a host of additional design options including advanced shapes and freehand tools along with a tool for making bitmap files cut ready
One thing missing from all of these software solutions is clipart templates and design effects that work specifically for vinyl cutting, that’s where stalls is different no matter which vinyl cutter you buy from Stahl’s you receive free and full access to cloud-based design solution . you can layout team names and numbers make your customers artwork cut ready with the scan and vectorized feature and easily create and cut multicolor text with the cut out line tool and cut by color functionality built right into the software
In addition to that sizing wizards you can adjust to your customer sizing needs with the click of a button , work anywhere whether you want to design alongside your customer in the office or in the comfort of your own home this cloud-based solution gives you the freedom to design wherever you have internet access and there’s no limit to the number of computers you can use it on and as an added bonus there’s also no limit to the storage space for your designs when finalizing your decision
On the perfect vinyl cutter for you you should also ask what comes in the box or what’s included with your purchase, price some vinyl cutters come with a stand and some require an additional purchase to add the stand the stand is necessary to get the most out of the guaranteed tracking so make sure to find out if it’s included the graphtec.
C– e6000 includes the stand in the purchase price one last important item to note that comes out of the box is the cutting blade your cutter can have every feature available in the world but won’t be much help to you without a quality cutting blade in the blade holder
Once again the Graphtec delivers the blade that comes in the box will cut up to four thousand linear meters before needing to be replaced last but not least look at the options to get you going no matter what you want to make from your vinyl cutter . In no way was this article trying to promote any one product. It was just to inform you about vinyl cutting machines. Please look at the reviews above for product suggestions. Thank you
- 1 Best Vinyl Cutter for Home
- 2 Cricut Explore Air 2 Mint
- 3 Best Vinyl Cutting Machine for Small Business
- 4 USCutter TITAN 28 inch Vinyl Cutter with Stand, Basket and VinylMaster Cut (Design and Cut) Software
- 6 Cricut Maker
- 7 Best Vinyl Cutter Bundle
- 8 Silhouette CAMEO 3 Bluetooth Starter Bundle with 26 12x12 Oracal 651 Sheets, Membership, Transfer Paper, Guide, Class, 24 Sketch Pens, and More
- 9 Best Vinyl Cutter Ever
- 10 Roland GS-24 Vinyl Cutter
- 12 Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine Bundle Iron On Vinyl Pack Tools Pen Design Beginner Guide
- 13 Best Small Vinyl Cutting Machine
- 14 Silhouette Portrait 2
- 15 Best 34-inch Vinyl Cutting Machine
- 16 USCutter Vinyl Cutter MH 34in BUNDLE - Sign Making Kit w/Design & Cut Software, Supplies, Tools
- 17 Best Vinyl Cutter for Home