Best Gaming Microphone For 2020
1. Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless Gaming Headset
Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless Gaming Headset - Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones for PC - Discord Certified - 50mm Drivers - White
- Microfiber mesh fabric and memory foam provide exceptional comfort. Connector USB Type A
- Legendary CORSAIR build quality ensures long term durability. Frequency Response: 20Hz 20 kHz. Sensitivity: 38dB (+/ 3dB). While charging, the LEDs on InfoMic will light up. Depending on the battery levels the LED will light up different colors red: low battery, amber: 20percentage or higher, green: fully charged
- Custom tuned 50mm neodymium speaker drivers bring the action to life with wide range and accuracy. Microphone Frequency Response: 100Hz to 10kHz
- Enjoy crystal clear, low latency, wireless audio with up to 40ft range and up to 16 hours of battery life
- Optimized unidirectional microphone with LED mute indicator reduces ambient noise for enhanced voice quality. Easily stowed and muted by pushing up and out of the way
Corsair VOID Pro RGB Wireless Gaming Headset Review!
2. VersionTECH. G2000 Stereo Gaming Headset for Xbox One PS4 PC
VersionTECH. G2000 Stereo Gaming Headset for Xbox One PS4 PC, Surround Sound Over-Ear Headphones with Noise Cancelling Mic, LED Lights, Volume Control for Laptop, Mac, iPad, Nintendo Switch Games -Blue
$19.59 in stock
4 used from $14.69
- 【Superb Compatibility for Multi-Platform】 This gaming headset supports PS5, PS4, PS4 Pro/Slim, Xbox One, Xbox One S/X controller, PC, Nintendo Switch/3DS, PSP, Game boy advance， Sega dreamcast， Laptop, Computer, Tablet, iPad, Mobile Phone. NOTE: the old version of Xbox One needs an extra adapter to support it.
- 【Adjustable Noise-cancellation Microphone】 The gaming headphones are omnidirectional adjustable and flexible to pick up voice in 360 degree. External Audio Control： Mute button and volume control housed on military grade durable braided wire are designed conveniently for quick and convenient adjustment.
- 【Immersive in Super Real Gaming Experience】 The PS5 headset with high-grade 50mm driver with neodymium magnets delivers clean clear bass and acoustic positioning precision, you can feel the full force of an explosion, a grenade blast, or a dubstep drop. Perfect for Various Games: Like Minecraft, Fortnite, Halo 5 Guardians, Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty, Star Wars Battlefront, Overwatch, World of Warcraft Legion, etc.
- 【Humanized Design, Built to Stay Comfortable】 The softly padded retractable headband design allows you to find the perfect fit without constraint and provide excellent durability, suits all gamers at any age. The synthetic leather-wrapped ear-cushions is thicker and bigger which ensures play-all-night comfort! PLUG & PLAY: No setup or installation necessary.
- 【Uniquely Designed Gorgeous Led Lights】 The Xbox One Headset with big led lights designed on earcups is cool enough to maximizely blast the atmosphere of the whole game. The USB interface is only used to supply power to the LED lights on the earcups.
Awesome Gaming Headset - VersionTech Wired Stereo Gaming Headset for PS4
3. HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset
HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset - Lightweight Design - Flip to Mute Mic - Memory Foam Ear Pads - Built in Volume Controls - Works with PC, PS4, PS4 PRO, Xbox One, Xbox One S (HX-HSCS-BK/NA)
$40.99 in stock
40 used from $28.16
- No.1 selling PC gaming headset in the U.S. - Source: The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. retail tracking service, PC headsets, gaming designed, based on units, January-December 2019
- Lightweight headset (275 gram) with 90-degree rotating ear cups provide a snug fit that conforms to your head
- 50 millimeter directional drivers for audio precision — enjoy the full audioscape of your favorite games
- HyperX signature memory foam provides maximum comfort during extended use
- Adjustable steel slider for a solid and long lasting sturdy feel
HyperX Stinger - The Best Budget Gaming Headset You Can Buy!
4. BENGOO Stereo Gaming Headset for PS4, PC, Xbox One Controller
BENGOO Stereo Gaming Headset for PS4, PC, Xbox One Controller, Noise Cancelling Over Ear Headphones Mic, LED Light, Bass Surround, Soft Memory Earmuffs for Laptop Mac Nintendo Switch –Camouflage
9 used from $8.76
- 【Multi-Platform Compatible】Support PlayStation 4, New Xbox One, PC, Nintendo 3DS, Laptop, PSP, Tablet, iPad, Computer, Mobile Phone. Please note you need an extra Microsoft Adapter (Not Included) when connect with an old version Xbox One controller.
- 【Surrounding Stereo Subwoofer】Clear sound operating strong brass, splendid ambient noise isolation and high precision 40mm magnetic neodymium driver acoustic positioning precision bring you vivid sound field, sound clarity, shock feeling sound.
- 【Noise Isolating Microphone】Onmi-directional microphone transmits high quality communication with its premium noise cancelling feature, which enables you conveniently adjust angle of the microphone and deliver or receive messages while you are in a game.
- 【Humanized Design】Braided USB cable with rotary volume controller and key microphone mute effectively prevents cable from twining.Skin friendly leather material for a longer period of wearing. Superior comfortable over-ear pads reduce hearing impairment and heat sweat.Glaring LED lights desigend on the earcups to highlight game atmosphere.
- 【Immersive Sound Experience】Angled and highly precise 50mm magnetic neodymium driver bring you vivid sound field, sound clarity, sound shock feeling, capable of various games like Halo 5 Guardians, Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty, Star Wars Battlefront, Overwatch, World of Warcraft Legion, etc.
BENGOO G9000 Gaming Headset REVIEW!
5. HyperX Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
HyperX Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset - Dual Chamber Drivers - Award Winning Comfort - Durable Aluminum Frame - Detachable Microphone - Works with PC, PS4, PS4 PRO, Xbox One, Xbox One S (HX-HSCA-RD/AM)
$89.99 in stock
54 used from $35.62
- HyperX Dual Chamber Drivers for more distinction and less distortion
- Signature award winning HyperX comfort
- Durable aluminum frame with expanded headband
- Detachable braided cable with convenient in line audio control
- Detachable noise cancellation microphone
HyperX Cloud Alpha Headset | Overview & Mic Test
6. NUBWO N2 Gaming Headset
NUBWO N2 Gaming Headset Xbox One PS4 Playstation 4 Headphones Computer PC Mic Stereo Gamer Microphone Skype Xbox one s Xbox 1 x Games
$15.99 in stock
1 used from $13.68
- SUPERIOR SOUND：Dual 50mm drivers provide a crisp, rich and distortion free sound. Resonating bass offers a full range-listening experience. Strong bass, crystal clear audio.
- PREMIUM MICROPHONE: Noise-canceling microphone boom perfectly captures the user’s voice and simultaneously eliminates unwanted background noises. Humanized mic cover and mute control on the microphone ensure you are heard anytime you want.
- LIGHTWEIGHT COMFORT: The suspension style headband automatically conforms to the user’s head and is designed for comfort during long periods of use. The memory foam ear cups seal out unwanted noises, yet fit very ergonomically around the ears.
- HANDY CONTROL: Rotary volume adjuster housed on the ear cups for convenient use.1.6 meters of tangle free braided wiring ensures longevity and no audio quality loss.
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY: Works great with new Xbox One controller with the 3.5mm jack, PS4 Pro and PS4, as well as PC, Mac, and mobile/tablet devices with a 3.5mm connection.
NUBWO N2 - Gaming Headset REVIEW!
7. SteelSeries Arctis 7 Lag-Free Wireless Gaming Headset
SteelSeries Arctis 7 - The Almost Perfect Wireless Headset!
People spend big money on gaming microphones and with games like overwatch and csgo it’s pretty easy to see why I mean having the best advantage can make you be the better player and can be the difference between getting that final kill yourself or having it taken away from you in terrible style but in the day and age of twitch streaming and YouTube gaming a lot of people want to do more voiceover and they want to talk to their friends with the best quality microphone possible and have it all nicely recorded so a question that often comes up is whether it’s worth using a headset or whether it’s worth actually upgrading to a dedicated microphone to get the best audio quality possible and I wanted to do this little article for you to explain the differences and give you some examples to see what you can really expect from different products on the market this it all came about when aces Ferry kindly sent out the Magnus microphone for review but to be honest with you a review of a microphone would last for around about 30 seconds and it would say that the audio quality is very good but maybe it’s a little bit on the expensive side not really that much of a article not that this would be a lot more useful for you so we start with headsets and if you don’t know already as nag a headset is just a pair of headphones with a microphone attached that can plug into your PC or games console either wirelessly or with a wide connection either USB or standard stereo headphone jacks and they’re very cheap and they’re very cheerful you can get very expensive ones of course but most people probably look at something like the hybrid cloud 2 which is a very good well it’s a very good price point because it’s around about 70 pounds and both the microphone and then the stereo drivers perform very well for the money and this is going to be more than good enough for most people you want to step up to something a little bit better than you can get something that may be Wireless or you can get something that just sounds a lot better so something like astros a 40 P R is a very good example of a headset that sounds excellent and has a very good microphone for recording as well but while they are definitely a lot cheaper than picking up a set of headphones and then of course a dedicated microphone they don’t really sound that great in comparison and a lot of them especially sort of skimp on the microphone so if you’re buying a headset and you’re buying it for the microphone quality you’re definitely going to have to do your research because sadly a lot of them to be honest with you just aren’t great and headsets often have the advantage of actually being a little bit cleaner when it comes to background noise and the reason for this is not because the desk is going to be better or anything like that because it’s normally going to be better in the USB microphone but just because the microphone is so close to your face it’s going to pick up less noise that’s coming from your desk so if you’re someone that’s playing first-person shooters or a game that utilizes mechanical keyboard let’s say then it’s going to be a lot more free from the clickety clackety that’s going on your desk but then again on the flip side you can also get a little bit more static in a headset microphone if it’s not a USB one or if you’re using a sort of subpar deck then you can just pick up some static from your motherboard or just from any other source that again can actually be very distracting so it’s sort of pros and cons of either really dedicated microphones on the other hand are pretty much a different kettle of fish these days it’s very easy and very accessible because most of them have USB connections and you can just stick it into your PC and right away you’ve got fantastic audio quality without needing to install anything at all obviously there are a lot bigger and they take up more room there are a lot more expenses as well because I mean the Magnus costs around about 160 pounds which is very expensive when you compare it to what you can get from a headset but obviously the audio quality is in a different class entirely and when you compare the two well it’s pretty obvious which one you are listening to and you want to go for a real professional image then a dedicated microphone is really the only way to go that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s perfect though because it will pick up more background noise and what it is more flexible in the sense that you can pair it with any pair of ear or headphones you like then that is going to cost you extra as well and once you actually factor in the cost of headphones the price can get pretty astronomical compared to what a headset can offer you but then again on the other side of that you don’t also need to worry about decks or static pickup or anything like that as assuming you’ve actually set up the microphone correctly and it’s not somewhere that’s picking up a load of vibration and you don’t need to worry about getting poor audio quality as well because it’s all nicely baked into the device so realistically those are your two options when it comes to recording voice over for voice over IP or of course for gaming streaming but it’s going to be better to actually show you the differences and then you can see for yourself and actually pick the one that you think makes more sense to you and so this is the Astro a40 TR this is a microphone that is up there with some of the best but it’s not the absolute best you can get on a headset the headset itself is highly recommended I mean it sounds excellent and the microphone is very respectable but you’ve probably noticed already that there isn’t a pop filter here which means that or per sound can come across in a way that’s not really that nice and can be a little bit off-putting to the user you can get around this by picking up a headset that does have one but it’s worth noting that not all of them will as far as keyboard and background noise if I sort of do a little bit of typing for you on my mechanical keyboard then you will probably notice that you can hear it but it’s not necessarily really distracting I mean if I now switch to sort of a more realistic gaming scenario where I’m sort of pressing down the movement keys maybe quickly firing my gun with a mouse and things like that again you can see that while you may be able to hear it’s not exactly yeah completely really distracting to say the least moving over to something a little bit different this is a wireless headset from Razer and it is the man-of-war this is actually the thing I use on a day-to-day basis whenever I actually played games and talked to friends at the same time just because it’s so highly convenient it’s completely wireless and the receiver tucks into the body sound quality is also pretty decent but there’s just no fast this is likely no fast approach and the microphone it’s not bad I mean it’s quite good for voiceover ropey but as you can tell it’s a little bit on the Navy side and then far as raw quality goes it’s not exactly the absolute best thing out there either so those were the headsets but what if you actually want something a little bit more professional well you’re going to need a pro microphone and you’ve got quite a few choices I mean the popular ones at the moment are things like the blue Yeti the one I’m using here is the ROG Magnus which is the new kid on the block if you like it’s an RGB microphone that has definitely one thing going for it versus the Yeti which is that it’s just that much smaller while still retaining that sound quality it does mean you will need use like a box or something to prop it up a little bit like I am here and in terms of raw quality obviously there’s no real competition it is much better than any headset this is without a pop filter if you want one obviously just buy one or you can throw a sock over or something like that an inherent problem though is that when you start typing on your keyboard it will pick up a fair amount of background noise so this is just sort of normal typing volume not pressing overly hard it does come across and in a more sort of traditional gaming scenario you can still pick up the keys but it is definitely more noticeable than it would be on a different form of microphone and if you’ve got a really small desk then you may actually struggle to fit the microphone in front of the keyboard like I am here and if you place it behind well to be honest you’re just asking for trouble finally just for reference this is the blue Yeti and this is regarded as the you tubers of this dreamers microphone because as far as USB condenser microphones go this is up there with one of the best if not the best especially when you sort of look at the price point it’s very attractive and while it’s still a lot more expensive than headsets it offers pretty much everything you would want the absolute best performance as I’ve said before get yourself a pop filter or with this one stick it on a microphone stand because the disc stand that you get can pick up noise from your desk or something like that but generally if you’re after a USB microphone and you’re sort of not fast about the extra size then the blue Yeti is still probably my favorite microphone out there and so there you go the microphones and what they sound like I hope it’s been quite useful for you to actually hear for and what they sound like if you want my personal advice and what I personally use well if I’m just doing voice over IP and talking to friends then the quality matters less and they’re going to get less annoyed by the pickup so I just use a wireless headset for convenience Bava see if I’m doing any serious voice over then I’ll use a proper microphone if you’re just getting into it then I would be very hesitant unless you’ve got a load of money to go all-in and invest in a really expensive microphone if you’ve got something else you can use to sort of test the waters to know that it really is for you because I’d hate for someone to sort of go out and buy really expensive microphone and then find that they just don’t enjoy it well obviously it’s going to be down to your personal situation and what you want from a microphone I hope you’ve enjoyed this article
- 1 Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless Gaming Headset - Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones for PC - Discord Certified - 50mm Drivers - White
- 2 VersionTECH. G2000 Stereo Gaming Headset for Xbox One PS4 PC, Surround Sound Over-Ear Headphones with Noise Cancelling Mic, LED Lights, Volume Control for Laptop, Mac, iPad, Nintendo Switch Games -Blue
- 3 HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset - Lightweight Design - Flip to Mute Mic - Memory Foam Ear Pads - Built in Volume Controls - Works with PC, PS4, PS4 PRO, Xbox One, Xbox One S (HX-HSCS-BK/NA)
- 4 BENGOO Stereo Gaming Headset for PS4, PC, Xbox One Controller, Noise Cancelling Over Ear Headphones Mic, LED Light, Bass Surround, Soft Memory Earmuffs for Laptop Mac Nintendo Switch –Camouflage
- 5 HyperX Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset - Dual Chamber Drivers - Award Winning Comfort - Durable Aluminum Frame - Detachable Microphone - Works with PC, PS4, PS4 PRO, Xbox One, Xbox One S (HX-HSCA-RD/AM)
- 6 NUBWO N2 Gaming Headset Xbox One PS4 Playstation 4 Headphones Computer PC Mic Stereo Gamer Microphone Skype Xbox one s Xbox 1 x Games