Cricut vs Silhouette-2019 Review
This was a very hard competition of what was the best, but it really did come down to user preferences because both of these machines performed really well! So let’s have a look.
1. Cricut Explore Air 2
Cricut Explore Air 2 Mint
$199.00 in stock
4 used from $183.08
- [CREATE MORE] The Circuit Explore Air 2 is your personal DIY cutting machine. It will flawlessly cut over 100+ different types of materials including premium vinyl, iron on and htv vinyl, cardstock, faux leather, adhesive foils, specialty paper, poster board and more
- [ENDLESS PROJECT POSSIBILITIES] The Circuit Explore Air 2 makes it so easy to create a wide arrange of DIY projects. Make custom stickers, personalized home decor, home-made gifts and party favors, unique greeting cards, custom designed apparel, and more
- [INCLUDED WITH MACHINE] Each machine includes a Circuit Premium Fine Point Blade and Housing, a Circuit 12 inch x12 inch Light Grip Adhesive Cutting Mat (perfect for vinyl and htv projects), a Circuit Black Fine Point Pen, access to Circuit's design software Design Space, and a 2 week free trial to Circuit Access
- [DESIGN FOR FREE] Upload or create and design your own images for free from your computer, tablet or mobile phone using Circuit's free design software design space. Enhance your design space experience by subscribing to Circuit Access, Circuit's vast library of over 100,000 images, fonts, and make it now projects and designs
- [BECOME A PART OF A COMMUNITY] We know it can be intimidating to start creating your first DIY projects, so don’t do it alone. When you buy a Circuit you become part of a close-knit community of crafters, makers and DIYers. There are dozens of groups across all social media platforms that allow our members to share tips, ask for help and share their projects and inspiration with an amazing community
The Bundled Option
Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine Bundle Beginner Guide, Tool Kit, Vinyl Pack, Designs and Project Inspiration
$269.99 in stock
- MACHINE BUNDLE: Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine bundle with tool kit and vinyl in assorted colors. Air 2 die-cutting machine cuts variety of materials from paper, iron-on and felt, making personalized diy home decor, indoor decals, wall signs, and more!
- USER-FRIENDLY: Machine has built-in Bluetooth for wireless cutting, writing, and scoring. Smart Set dial adjusts to material. Upload images (.svg .jpg .png .bmp .gif) to Cricut Design Space online with an iPad app, computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- ACCESSORIES: Tool Kit contains Spatula, Weeder, Scraper, Scissors, and Tweezers. 9x12 inch sheets (8) Cricut Vinyl (colors vary) and 9x12 inch sheets (2) Transfer Paper. Vinyl can be used for personalizing home decor to car decals and more!
- BONUS: Getting Started Guide an electronic format e-book for beginner Cricut Explore Air 2 users. Tutorials and projects will help you create your first project! Digital guide will be emailed to you in PDF format (a printed copy is not available).
- INCLUDES: Cricut Air 2 Machine; Blade; Accessory Adapter; USB cord US Power Cord). Getting started guide; Pen, 12x12 LightGrip; Tool Kit; 8 sheets vinyl, 2 transfer sheets; 12 Vinyl Designs (digital); Vinyl project inspiration ebook (digital).
Getting Started With The Cricut Explore Air 2 & Easy DIY
So you bought a Cricut!? NOW WHAT? (Straight from the box!)
Anyone have a cricut explore air 2? If so, what are some accessories that I NEED
September 30, 2018 - @MsJacksonnnnnn
2. Silhouette Cameo 3
Silhouette White Cameo 3 Bluetooth Starter Bundle with 36 12x12 Oracal Premium Vinyl Sheets, Siser Easyweed T-Shirt Vinyl, Membership, Transfer Paper, Guide, Class, 24 Sketch Pens, and More
- Silhouette Cameo 3 with Bluetooth, Touchscreen and Manufacture's Warranty. No Internet Connection Required, No Need to Buy Designs or Fonts, This Bundle lets you Create Your Own Designs Without Spending More Money. Bundle Also Available in Pink and Black
- 36 Sheets of Oracal Vinyl - 12 Inch x 12 Inch Each - Both Glossy and Matte Finishes Included, 6 Sheets of Siser Easyweed Heat Transfer T-Shirt Vinyl (HTV), Assorted mix of 24 Sketch Pens (Double the Ink of Previous Silhouette Pens), 1 Roll 12 Inch x 6 Feet of Premium Transfer Tape
- Autoblade - Auto Adjust Blade to Match Cut Job Material, 12 Inch x 12 Inch Cutting Mat, Vinyl Trimmer, Ratchet Adjustment Tool, Scraper Tool, Hook Tool
- Vinyl Application Guide & Heat Transfer Application Guide by Silhouette School - Printed with Full Color Photos, Online Cameo 3 Instructional Class - Reduce your learning curve and get crafting faster, 1 Month Membership to Silhouette U - ACCESS TO OVER 150 VIDEOS!!!, Guides, Q&A, and More, 1 Month Membership to Silhouette Club - Amazing Monthly Perks from Silhouette. 7 Bonus E-Guides by Silhouette School (Link Located within Vinyl Idea Guide Card)
- 100 EXCLUSIVE DESIGNS with an ADDITIONAL 100 BONUS DESIGNS including 50+ .SVGs valued at over $100, CUSTOMER SERVICE & LIFETIME PRODUCT SUPPORT, $25 in digital downloads from Silhouette's Design Store ($25 Code is accessed during registration), Studio Software for Windows Vista / Windows 7 and higher and Mac OS X 10.8.5 and higher, USB Cord, Power Cord 110V-240V. ** Make Sure to Follow the Setup Instructions Located on top of the Cameo Machine.
What is the SILHOUETTE CAMEO 3? What can I do with it?
Dwight here with Comm-fab.com and today I am answering the number one question Cricut explore air 2 or the silhouette ? Both of these are the latest machines and Cricut explore air 2 which just came out a couple months ago and the silhouette cameo 3 as well. Not only have I used both machines but I scoured the internet I read blogs read articles read through thousands of comments I read Amazon reviews and other reviews I went through the SE discussions and tried to find as many different opinions as I could as well as form my own opinion so a lot of people fell on one side of the fence or the other because they are a certain type of person or they had preferences you guys form your own opinions on who you are I’m going to start out by saying both of these machines are really amazing machines and both of them have sales often but probably i would wait for one of those so let’s start off by how they look so the Cricut explore air 2 currently wins my vote in the way that it looks it’s just it comes in a bunch of different colors you can choose which color you want it’s very aesthetically pleasing when you look at it because find where everything is that you need right away because it’s labeled and it’s beautiful and all of that this one will make cameo 3 is not ugly machines but it definitely looks more like a printer to me when I open it up I was just not excited to display it on my desk as something that I use often that doesn’t mean that I’m going to choose the Machine differently because of the way that they look though that performance is probably the one number one reason you guys would choose the machine or the other everything that I read and doing my own review will tell you that some Cricut explore air 2 cuts a little bit more precisely very fixed material of white foam metal and wood the Cricut explore air 2 cutting and this will it stops cutting at those levels it just doesn’t cut as deep as the Cricut explore air 2 does both of them jeans products work with each other so as long as it’s it on your cutting map the Cricut explore air 2 comes in three different scriptures which can be a pro and it’s not so what has one map which could be a pro and a gosh you have to have more mass I usually just work with the medium grip strength unless I’m working with something super delicate if working with delicate things it’s kind of hard because they only have one cutting that I do like the Cricut cutting that a lot better there lot thicker so they are more durable and I didn’t you like a rotary cutter right on top of it if I needed you and things like that so there Matt is very flimsy as it depends the silhouette pens are really fat and short so they are very unique and they fit in the select the Cricut explore air 2 however has very common size pen well I found actually that I can put other brands of pens in that hole and it continues to work to the sound of the machines I’ve got a gold Cricut explore air 2 the Cricut explore air 2 sound is not the most best because no machine really does sound pleasant when it’s going but it’s not obnoxious when I turn to the silhouette on and I started cutting with day I was didn’t know if the machine was working correctly it was so loud it sounded like a dinosaur almost the design space is what changes everything for both of them there are major differences with the designs made for the Cricut explore air 2 it’s all online so it is cloud-based could use your phone or a tablet you can also have the design space on a tablet or whatever and you can save different projects while you’re out in the cell or if you’re at someone else’s house and you don’t have your computer your laptop with you can sign into your design space work from there and come home and finish or take your design somewhere with you and then cut them when you’re somewhere else with someone else’s machine with the silhouette everything is offline if your don’t have internet access or you had your laptop with you but you’re in a place that doesn’t have internet you can design right there but you have to have your laptop with you that’s a big deciding factor the Cricut explore air 2 design space is super user friendly but it’s pretty limited however the silhouette design space is pretty expensive that could be a pro and a con for you if you’re a designer and you like to design from scratch it’s got to be a big positive thing for you I love the Cricut explore air 2 so much it’s because I’m already familiar with Photoshop Illustrator and anything in the Adobe suite so I can create all of my own files and because you can upload any pretty much almost any file with the Cricut explore air 2 I can just upload my designs and they’re good to go with that as a designer I like to use the Adobe suite a lot more than I would rely on either of these programs I always know that Adobe is going to be the top of the line design program so why not be familiar with those my design there and use a machine that lets me upload free design so it’s actually better for me as a designer both of them support SVG files with the Cricut explore air 2 it’s free to upload SVG files you still have the design space and you can upload any of your own SVG files this is awesome because a lot of people create SVG files you can either buy them on vs. or find them on people’s blogs but a lot of people offer free as 50 files so that is just a huge plus in this if you’re not designed favor or you’re not planning on selling your own designs or you just want to use other people’s designs and make a cold stuff with the silhouette you do have to pay a monthly fee to be able to upload SVG files if you’re a designer on your own and you like the design space for silhouette you can only design in the silhouette design space before you have to paid upload your own SVG files the user friendliness of both machines is there but I’m going to give it to Cricut explore air 2 because Cricut explore air 2 thought of everything is super simple and labeled and even in their design space it’s super simple and labeled with the silhouette it’s very techy and so it’s just a matter of getting another machine and it’s taken me a really long time to even just figure out how to use it correctly because it’s just not that user-friendly probably the only con that I can come up with for the Cricut explore air 2 is that design space can be a little iffy sometimes online customer service for Cricut explore air 2 is 24/7 seven days a week 24 days 20 you know it’s 24/7 all the time middle of the night any time of the day with silhouettes they have students hours even when we call between the only actual pro that I would use silhouette open a Cricut explore air 2 and this is if your niche is large projects and like I said the Cricut explore air 2 always coming up with innovative ways to change things like only fan systems might change in the Jeremy but the silhouette can cut up ten feet long 12 inches by 10 feet but the Cricut explore air 2 can only go to 12 and just by 2 P so you can fill these out large projects on the Cricut explore air 2 but if you’re trying to do a wall decal or something really big I really want you guys to choose the best machine for you so if you’re going into a niche that does really longer day projects or I would say the silhouette I would say if that was the only reason I could find a reason to get this machine so the pros for silhouette that it can cut up to 10 feet you can use it without the internet and if you like InDesign and you’re up for just that one thought you can design and maybe you don’t have a Dobby suite or you don’t have anywhere to designs besides it I would say the silhouette now hands down for the Cricut explore air 2 if super user-friendly horses cutting is a lot stronger and a lot different I don’t specifically have an inch because I teach you guys tutorials so I like the machine to be able to cut any material that I want because I’m going to be showing you guys a lot of different things and I don’t want to be limited on what I’m cutting the machine itself cuts wirelessly this one you do have to be hooked up to your machine is definitely cuter and sounds better this free SVG support is my number one reason why I would buy this Jean I was going back and have to divide one or the other cloud-based so you use your phone your iPad the custom report is open 24/7 and that it can work in other locations all right Kay so I think I touched on as much as I could think of I really try to dig as deep as I could to find those egg key things that people were trying to decide I know that this is a really hard decision for some people both machines are really good at what they do that’s where I stand I’m not telling you to go buy one . I hope that answered some of your guys’ questions
- 1 Cricut Explore Air 2 Mint
- 2 Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine Bundle Beginner Guide, Tool Kit, Vinyl Pack, Designs and Project Inspiration
- 3 Silhouette White Cameo 3 Bluetooth Starter Bundle with 36 12x12 Oracal Premium Vinyl Sheets, Siser Easyweed T-Shirt Vinyl, Membership, Transfer Paper, Guide, Class, 24 Sketch Pens, and More