The 5 Best Vocal Processors For 2020
TC Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT
1. TC Helicon Voice Live Play Vocal Effects Processor
Best Amazon Offers
TC-Helicon makes a stompbox for vocalists called the Mic Mechanic, and people love it for what it does to their voices. I can’t say this has identical electronics inside, but the left half of the box is basically the same thing. Everyone’s voice sounds better just through the tone controls and pitch correction. I photograph and video a lot of local bands who play through bar sound systems that often leave something to be desired. It’s common for a perfectly good singer to go flat due to a bad stage mix, and the pitch correction in this should help with a lot of that. The reverb is better than most mixer boards and bar PAs–plus you can adjust it yourself. Or switch it to Delay if the bar’s reverb is good. If you never use the harmonies, this is still a great device to insert into your system.
Of course, the harmonizers are a great addition to most acts. I find people overuse both the level of the effect and the time they use it, so here’s my advice if you’re new to this. Don’t try to sound like CSN unless you’re doing a CSN song. Re-program the presets and keep it simple. Most rock songs only need one backing vocal, 1/3 up, and only on the chorus or a single line (for emphasis) in the verse. If you keep the volume of the effect down around 10:00-11:00, it blends better and is more convincing. My foot is too stupid to remember which button to use, so my presets only use the left button to switch the effects from A to B; the right button stays on all the time. My “A” pattern is either straight voice or doubled voice; the B pattern has the harmonies, one voice or two, I need for that type of song. If I try to get more complicated than that, I have to remember which footbutton to push and when I’m already busy singing, connecting with the audience and trying to keep the bass player in line, it’s more than I can handle. Keep it simple, don’t overuse the harmonies and you’ll love this thing.
VoiceTone Harmony-G XT | TC-Helicon
TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony G XT « Multieffektgerät
TC Helicon VoiceTone Harmony G-XT with MP-75 Mic
TC Helicon Harmony-G XT - Walkthrough Part 1 [HD]
Performance and Use
This unit is amazing! I use this to add multi-harmony vocal tracks to my GarageBand recordings and it works fantastic!! I use my Yamaha piano as my input (instead of a guitar like the demos) and it works awesome. It sounds like me tracked 3 times. If I use my normal voice, I get my normal tone. If I use my falsetto voice, it reproduces very well and you can hear the difference of tone so it gives me lots of creative options. It’s very responsive to my input chord changes. Even if you don’t use the harmonies, the basic vocal processing is great. It boosts your signal and gives us a nice rich tone for recording. I highly recommend the Helicon!!
- Natural play guitar-controlled harmony algorithm stacks up to 2 more voices from our flagship processor
- Listens to guitar and Voice to create the correct harmony parts
- 6 reverb/delay combinations for vocal and Guitar input
- 10 presets, each with a/B options
- Usb for software updates, tips, and preset management using the included voice support app
I have a Yamaha electronic piano and it picked up the chords from the piano sound and Fender Rhodes sound just fine. I was surprised that it seemed to find nice harmonies when I was playing Maj7th and 9th chords. One thing to note: The “guitar” input is a mono unbalanced input. So if your piano has a stereo output, it will come out mono after it goes out the “Thru”. So, if you have any kind of mixer, like a Mackie 12-channel, send a mono output from your piano to the TC-Helicon through an Aux send and your piano will stay in stereo.
Behringer Virtualizer 3D FX2000
2. Behringer Virtualizer 3D FX2000 High-Performance 3D Multi-Engine Effects Processor
Some Amazon Offers
Get even more mind-expanding power for your keyboard, bass, guitar or vocals with the VIRTUALIZER PRO 3D FX2000 Effects Processor. This amazing rack unit has 71 incredible new algorithms, including true studio-grade stereo and 3D effects that will add a head-spinning new dimension to your sound, both live and in the studio. The FX2000 employs BEHRINGER RSM (Real Sound Modeling) technology to simulate acoustic environments with stunning accuracy. Effects options include powerful modulation, amp simulation, distortion and special effects, as well as effective dynamic and psychoacoustics processing. Performance is further enhanced through user-addressable high and low EQ and wave-adaptive VIRTUAL ROOM reverb algorithms.
Because it is one of the most desired effects, the FX2000 provides 12 different reverb programs, so you always have the ideal reverb for your live performance or studio needs.
- GOLD PLATE
- SMALL HALL
- SPRING REVERB
- EARLY REFLECTIONS
Specialty reverbs include:
- REVERB – reverb is synthetically turned off after a predetermined amount of time
- REVERSE REVERB – reverb envelope is reversed – it slowly gets louder
- STEREO DELAY – delay is processed across the entire stereo image
- TAPE ECHO – simulates classic tape echo devices, pre-dating the advent of digital delays
- PING PONG – delay signal is “bounced” from left to right at an adjustable tempo
Much More than Just Reverb and Delay
The FX2000 has some of the best-sounding reverb and delay programs, but that’s not all. It also provides excellent modulation effects (such as chorus, flanger and phaser), including special variations like musical pitch shifter, tremolo and even a rotary speaker simulation.
Modulation and Pitch Shifter FX:
- STEREO FLANGER (originally generated by playing back two synchronized “reel to reel” tape recorders with a finger rubbing on the flange of one of the take-up reels)
- VINTAGE FLANGER simulates a guitar fl anger stomp box
- JET STREAM FLANGER sounds like a classic analog flanger
- STEREO CHORUS (combines a slightly detuned signal with the original)
- ANALOG CHORUS simulates a guitar chorus stomp box
- VINTAGE CHORUS imitates a classic analog studio chorus
- ULTRA CHORUS creates the sound of an eight person chorus
- STEREO PHASER (combines a second, phaseshifted signal to the original)
- VINTAGE PHASER represents a guitar phaser stomp box
- DUAL PHASER processes the left and right channels separately
- ROTARY (simulation of the rotating speakers typically used on an organ) – Slow or Fast
- PITCH SHIFTER (changes the pitch of the original signal) – can be used to create harmonies with the original signal or replace it entirely with the altered pitch. Choices include stereo, two and three vocal pitch shifter
- VIBRATO – the peak frequency of the tone is periodically and uniformly changed (quickly or slowly)
- TREMOLO (common vintage guitar amplifier effect) – a fast or slow periodic variation in volume
- AUTO PANNING – signal is automatically sent from one side of the stereo image to the other, either once or multiple times
- COMPRESSOR – reduces the dynamic range of the signal, maintains consistent signal level and thus avoids distortion associated with excessive input levels
- EXPANDER – effectively broadens the dynamic range of source signals while reducing background noise
- GATED REVERB – helps reduce background clutter by turning reverb off below a predetermined threshold level. Particularly effective on drum mics and vocals
- ANA. KOMPR/LIM. – similar to COMPRESSOR but with Limiting functionality
- ULTRAMIZER – analyses incoming signal and automatically applies compression across two independent frequency bands
- DENOISER – eliminates or reduces noise and other interference
- DE-ESSER – reduces or removes sibilance (Ssss sound) from signal
- WAVE DESIGNER – allows you to influence the envelope by adjusting Attack and Release of the signal
- EXCITER – adds artificially generated overtones to the original signal, increasing presence and perceived loudness without significant increase in signal level
- ENHANCER – functions much like a dynamic pitch equalizer
- ULTRA BASS – sub-harmonic processor combined with bass exciter and limiter
- STEREO IMAGER – divides the signal into middle and side signals, allowing individual signals to be amplif ed when desired and placed on the stereo image
- ULTRA WIDE – creates a broader stereo image
- BINAURALIZER – also creates a broader stereo image and compensates for crosstalk between both speakers
- AUTO FILTER – influences the frequency response of a signal. Two filters are included: low pass allows low frequencies to pass and suppresses high frequency content; high pass does the exact opposite
- LFO FILTER – Controls the rate of oscillation effects
- PARAMETRIC EQ – allows you to control the bandwidth, frequency and amplitude of a signal
- GRAPHIC EQ – the sound spectrum is divided into eight (8) adjacent frequency bands, which can be cut or boosted, bandwidth is predetermined
Distortion FX and Amp Simulations
The FX2000 is also equipped with distortion, amplifier and speaker simulation including VOCAL DISTORTION, TUBE DISTORTION, GUITAR AMP, TRI FUZZ, SPEAKER SIMULATION, RING MODULATOR and LO-FI.
- VINYLIZER – adds clicks and/or noise to the signal, reminiscent of old vinyl records and tape machines
- SAMPLER – allows you to record and playback up to five (5) seconds of program material
- VOCODER – allows the input signal to modulate another signal (usually a synthesizer sound), creating the familiar “talking synthesizer” effect
- VOICE CANCELER – removes mono vocal parts from stereo recordings for “instant Karaoke”
- RESONATOR – simulates and oscillating system that amplifies a specific frequency
Our FX Combinations Go to 11
Sometimes you want to add a little (or a lot) of color to your reverb and delay patches. The FX2000 allows you to layer modulation effects like chorus, flanger, pitch or tremolo with your reverb or delay selections.
FX Combinations include:
- Chorus Reverb
- Flanger Reverb
- Leslie Reverb
- Pitch Reverb
- Delay Reverb
- Tremolo Reverb
- Phaser Reverb
- Chorus Delay
- Flanger Delay
- Pitch Delay
- Tremolo Delay
Enhanced User Editability
Logical grouping of parameters, along with the combination of encoders, buttons, LEDs and an easily readable LED display, make operating the FX2000 a breeze. You are free to edit up to seven parameters per preset, and then save them for future use in the 100 provided memory locations.
With its extremely powerful processing capability and versatile array of features, the FX2000 will become the busiest tool in your audio arsenal. Stop by your BEHRINGER dealer today and find out why more professional sound engineers are turning to the FX2000 as their primary FX processor – both in the studio and on the road.
Behringer FX2000 Virtualizer 3D Digital Effects Processor, New
Behringer Virtualizer 3D FX2000 image (#141549) - Audiofanzine
Behringer VIRTUALIZER 3D FX2000 Procesador Multiefectos
Behringer FX2000 - Sound Demo
Performance and Use
I have had the Behringer FX2000 3D for many days now. I have played with it for many hours each day after work and on the weekends. I’ve used every single setting there is for all the effects. I figured out all the menu options pretty quickly, mostly without reading the manual. It’s pretty easy to use for this type of effects box. It’s so jam packed with effects and options. I love it.
The quality of the build is fantastic. I love the rubbery slip free feel of the knobs and I like the solid feel of the switches. It has durable metal housing also. It’s built like a tank. I have had zero problems with this unit. There are no software glitches. Everything works perfects and reliably 100% of the time.
The sound quality is really good for most of the effects. The pitch shift effect is the main exception to this (see below).
I found the reverb and echo effects to be of very good quality. They sound realistic. There are quite enough options to keep me happy. I was able to get that cosmic mind blowing reverb some people seek, especially in the trance scene, by setting the reverb controls just right for the cathedral reverb effect.
Other than the digital artifacts present in the pitch shift effect (see below), I found no noticeable noise for any effects except when using the distortion effects turned up pretty high (which is normal for a distortion unit). I love the distortion on this unit. There are tons of options allowing me to get just the right distortion style for a particular sound I’m looking for. The distortion effects are very good quality. Noise is only present when they are over used, just as is the case with real analog audio distortion units. I found the digital distortion to emulate analog distortion very well in many settings.
One effect that surprised me was the sampler, which is not really an “effect”. It supports looping and overdubbing, which is quite handy when messing around live because it’s so easy to use. It can also play in reverse, and at 1/2 the speed in either direction. While I do have digital recording equipment that can also do this, it’s simpler and quicker to use the FX2000 for creating basic audio loops. I found that I use it quite a bit for this purpose.
There’s 1 additional multi-effect chain present in the distortion section called Vocal Distortion which is distortion + delay + flanger. This is a pretty useful multi-effects combination.
Two other surprises are the Auto Panning and Tremolo effects when used with the Saw Down waveform option in conjunction with the Auto Modulation setting turned up all the way. This produces a rapid banjo-like strumming sound which increases in speed as the input volume level increases. Used with a synthesizer, this can produce a very interesting effect.
Each effect has up to 6 controls that can be changed, and some control settings produce very dramatic changes in the effect. For example, the basic echo effect’s control settings are a bit complex, more complex than most echo effects I’ve used in the past. It takes some getting used to. I would be very disappointed if it wasn’t as complex as it is though. There are other simpler to use, less feature rich effects boxes out there, and for the less technically inclined they might be a bit overwhelmed by the many options available in the FX2000. But for people that love tweaking effects to get the exact combination they are looking for, this is a great effects unit.
Some of the sound effects available are not obvious at first, and require tweaking to get them to be very useful musically. For example, the rapid banjo strumming effect requires going into the Tremolo effect’s menu options and selecting the Saw Down waveform and turning up the Auto Modulation setting, producing a pretty awesome sound that’s totally unlike a typical tremolo effect.
This unit is GREAT as an addition to any synthesizer. It’s got some really good effects that none of my synthesizers have built in. I can get some pretty amazing mind blowing sounds from this unit when used in conjunction with my synthesizers. I highly recommend this to anyone using synthesizers who’s familiar with tweaking complex effects, filters, LFOs, etc. This unit is almost like a super effects synthesizer without the oscillators and keyboard.
I am VERY SATISFIED with this purchase. The FX2000 is truly a Swiss army knife effects box. It does a ton of things not found on other effects boxes. It does most of them very well and most of the effects sound realistic. The distortion alone is worth the price of this unit. But if you’re looking for very realistic pitch shifting effect, you are better off buying units solely devoted to pitch shifting, and expect to pay MORE for that affect alone. A realistic sounding pitch shifter alone will cost about 5-10 times as much as this unit costs. Live real time pitch shifting requires a very high level of processing power in order to sound realistic.
UPDATE AFTER OVER 4 YEARS OF USE: After owning this and using it several days a week regularly for over 4 years now, I haven’t had a single issue with it. It works as well as the day I purchased it. All the knobs and buttons are all still in great condition. This is a really well made quality device, built like a tank. Highly recommended!
- 71 breathtaking new algorithms – true RSM (Real Sound Modeling) stereo and 3D effects
- Wave-adaptive virtual Room reverb algorithms for natural reverb and delay
- Awesome modulation, dynamic, psychoacoustic and EQ algorithms
- Authentic amp simulation, distortion and special effects
- 11 effect combinations with selectable serial / parallel configuration
- Up to 7 adjustable parameters plus 2-band EQ per effect
- 24-bit A/D and D/A converters with 64/128-times oversampling
- True stereo processing for realistic channel separation in stereo image
- 100 factory presets plus 100 user memory locations
- Extensive MIDI implementation
- Accurate LED level meters for perfect level setting and optimum performance
- Servo-balanced XLR and1/4” TRS inputs and outputs
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Durable, love it. It has a single “tape echo” effect, the 14th position on the rotary effects knob. There are six editable parameters, so you can customize the result and store it in a user preset for quicker access. You can adjust L and R delay, feedback, damping, and feedback high-pass/low-pass. There is a downloadable PDF that lists additional details about the adjustment ranges, but this overview would be enough to get you started.
This unit be used with a mixer and 2 remote microphones for tweaking karaoke singing for a male and female song
Boss ve 8 Acoustic Singer
3. BOSS VE-8 Acoustic Singer Bundle
- 5 VOCAL EFFECTS – The onboard vocal effects add a new texture to your melodies. The VE-8 includes a vocal doubling effect, plus more dramatic processing like hard-tuned electronic voices, distortion, and a radio voice effect.
- 5 GUITAR EFFECTS – The dedicated guitar channel includes Acoustic Resonance for enhancing your guitar’s pickups, reverb, chorus, tuner, and various effects, plus phase invert and notch filter for feedback control.
- REAL-TIME PITCH CORRECTION – The VE-8 Acoustic Singer features Chromatic Pitch corrector, which automatically follows along and gets your voice perfectly in tune.
- 80 SECS OF LOOPING – With the Acoustic Singer stompbox you can record up to 80 seconds of guitar and vocal loops independently. Plus, you can store and recall 50 different settings in the memory storage.
- INCLUDES – Boss Audio VE-8 Acoustic Singer. Blucoil Power Supply Slim AC/DC Adapter for 9V DC 670mA with US Plug. Blucoil 10-Foot Balanced XLR Cable – Premium Series 3-Pin Cable for Microphones, Speakers and Pro Devices (Male-to-Female).
- Also Comes With:Blucoil Power Supply Slim AC/DC Adapter for 9 Volt DC 670mA with US Plug
The 9V Power Supply features a 3-meter cable that converts AC wall current to correct amount of DC current. This adapter powers most guitar effects pedal including pedals from BOSS, MXR, Electro-Harmonix, TC Electronic, Donner, Jim Dunlop, and Korg. Plus, Blucoil power supply meets UL 5 safety standards.
Blucoil Audio Premium 10’ XLR Cable
- Material: Zinc-Alloy Connector, Highly Conducive Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) Cables, Metal Connector Casting
- Cable Gauge: 24AWG wire
- Noise Control: 98% Braided Shield and Twin-Conductive PVC Inner Shields for EMI and RFI Noise Protection
- XLR M to XLR F Connects Mics To: Mixers, Preamps, Audio Interfaces, and Recorders
Performance and Use
1st there is no need for the extra AC adapter since the unit comes with one.
The book is hard to follow with very small print but, there are a series of 10 how-to lesions on U-tube which are priceless.
Every toy on the VE-8 has multiple settings that are very involved if you want that level of detail in your sound.
It will do whats advertised but prepare for a serious learning curve.
- Nominal Input Level: MIC IN: -40 dBu (MIC SENS = Center) | GUITAR IN: -10 dBu | AUX IN: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: MIC IN: 4 k ohms | GUITAR IN: 20 M ohms | AUX IN: 18 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: LINE OUT L/MONO, R: -10 dBu | XLR OUT L, R: -10 dBu (Vocal&Guitar, Guitar), -40 dBu (Vocal)
- Output Impedance: LINE OUT L/MONO, R: 1 k ohm | XLR OUT L, R: 600 ohms | PHONES: 44 ohms
- Mode: Manual | Memory (Memory change/stomp)
- Number of Memory: 50
- Phrase Loop: 80 sec
- Display: 7 segments, 2 digits LED
- Connectors: MIC IN connector: XLR type, balanced, phantom power (DC 48 V, 10 mA Max) | GUITAR IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type | AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type | XLR OUT L, R connectors: XLR type | LINE OUT L/MONO, R jacks: 1/4-inch phone type | PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- MEMORY INC/DEC jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type | USB COMPUTER port: USB type B | DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor | Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
I had to take the time to let Quantum Networks know the service I received was top notch great timing communication everything its a great feeling to know there are still company’s out there that have great respect for there customers that’s old school like the days when your gas was pumped while your windshield was cleaned at the same time for a fair price though you cannot put a price on integrity
New Product: VE-8 Acoustic Singer - BOSS U.S. Blog
BOSS VE-8 Acoustic Singer Effects Pedal - Guitar.co.uk
Boss VE-8 Acoustic Singer | Keymusic
BOSS VE-8 Acoustic Singer instruction by Laura Davidson
Vocal Processor TC Helicon
4. TC Helicon Voice Live Play Vocal Effects Processor
Some Amazon Offers
TC Helicon VoiceLive Play Vocal Effects Pedal Bundle with 12V 400mA DC Power Supply, Blucoil 2-Pack of 20-FT Balanced XLR Cables, 6-FT Stereo Aux Cable, and 5-Pack of Reusable Cable Ties
- PROVIDES PRO-STUDIO VOCAL EFFECTS - The TC Helicon VoiceLive Play offers over 200 song- and artist-inspired presets that enhances your live vocal performances.
- HELPS IMPROVE YOUR PITCH ACCURACY - The pedal features HardTune effect, which automatically detects and adjusts the key of your music. It forces the voice to "jump" from one note to the next.
- OFFERS TWICE THE LOOPING TIME - The VoiceLive Play is equipped with VLOOP, an onboard looper that enables you to loop guitars and vocals for impressive layered live performances.
- ENSURES TOTAL HARMONY CONTROL - VoiceLive Play has embedded RoomSense mics that pick out chord information from the music being played and use it for Key/Scale processing.
- INCLUDES - TC Helicon VoiceLive Play Vocal Effects Pedal. TC Helicon 12V 400mA DC Power Supply. 2-Pack of Blucoil 20-Foot Balanced XLR Cables - Premium Series 3-Pin Cable for Microphones, Speakers and Pro Devices (Male-to-Female). Blucoil 5-Foot Audio Aux Cable. 5-Pack of Blucoil Reusable Velcro Cable Ties.
TC Helicon VoiceLive Play Vocal Effects Pedal
The TC Helicon VoiceLive Play is the ideal solution for singers and songwriters who are looking for an easy-to-setup, easy-to-use vocal processor during live gigs and studio recording. The pedal is ready to use right out of the box. It offers +200 song- and artist-inspired presets you can use on your vocal performance. The VoiceLive Play is equipped with VLOOP (an onboard looper) and Adaptive Tone (innovative technology that controls the Shape EQ and Dynamics of the stompbox).
Also Comes With:
Blucoil 20-FT Balanced XLR Cables (2-Pack)
The 20-foot Blucoil cable interconnects your mic to an audio interface, mixer, preamp, and more. It is made premium Male-to-Female Neutrik-equivalent Zinc Alloy connectors protected with high-density PVC Jacket. The 92% shielding protects your audio signal from EMI and RFI. The OFC wire makes sure that it provides the best possible conductivity and avoid lost signal or degeneration.
Receive 5-Pack of Blucoil Cable Ties and a 6-Feet Stereo Aux Cable when you avail this bundle today!
TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play - Vocal Effect Processor
TC Helicon VoiceLive Play
Performance and Use
Everything about this is great. I use this with a singer/songwriter performance setup, and as a vocal processor during louder gigs. Solid build, easy menu navigation, simple preset setups, beautiful sound quality and effects. Highly practical. This is a fantastic piece of guitar equipment, I was using the guitar and vocal presets and creating my own in less than an hour. The effects on offer, easy customization and accessibility makes this a great pedal for the acoustic performer. Easy to sing
- A-to-D/D-to-A Resolution: 24bit 128 x oversampling bitstream
- Vocal FX: 8 (µMod, Echo and Delay, Reverb, Harmony, Double, Transducer, Rhythmic, Tone, HardTune and Correction)
- Onboard VLOOP: Built-in looper with undo/redo and unlimited overdubs
- Impedance: 2.14/1.07 kOhm Input | 80/40 Ohm Output
- Connectors: XLR Mic In, 1/8″ Stereo Aux In, 1/8″ TRS Headphone Out, 2x XLR Outputs, USB Mini-B
- Power Source: TC Helicon 12V 400mA DC Power Supply (included)
All components of the TC Helicon Play Acoustic Vocal Effects Processor Bundle come with their original packaging. You may contact TC Helicon’s customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for the warranty details.
works well with voice effects, has more than 100 voice effect
Boss VE-1 Vocal Echo
5. Boss VE-1 Vocal Echo Bundle
Some Amazon Offers
Boss VE-1 Vocal Echo Bundle with Power Supply, XLR Cable, and Austin Bazaar Polishing Cloth
- Seven types of ambience effects with adjustable settings for your voice
- Enhance effect and Pitch Correct (including hard-tuned "electronic voice" sound)
- Battery or AC operation enables performing anywhere
- Built-in Memory for switching between the best settings for each song
- USB audio port provides versatile options for use with your computer
Adding value to your purchase, Austin Bazaar bundles your instrument with necessary accessories. Everything you need to start playing immediately comes in one box. Save yourself the hassle and save some money while you’re at it. A power supply is included so you can plug in and play right away. An Austin Bazaar polishing cloth is included so you can keep your new instrument in mint condition.
VE-1 VOCAL ECHO - Boss VE-1 Vocal Echo - Audiofanzine
Boss VE-1 Vocal Echo Pedal | Alto Music | Reverb
BOSS VE-1 VOCAL ECHO PEDAL VOCAL. Precio tienda online
Boss VE-1 Vocal Echo Demo
Performance and Use
Works well for live performance.
Everyone needs to shut off the echo or reverb while announcing.
Also has phantom power, and can be either powered by adapter or batteries. Very versatile.
useful for vocals, etc.
- Seven types of ambience effects with adjustable settings for your voice
- Double-tracking effect to instantly thicken your vocal sound
- Enhance effect and Pitch Correct (including hard-tuned “electronic voice” sound)
- Adjustable detailed parameters for advanced users
- Battery or AC operation enables performing anywhere
- -The reverbs are good and sculptable with the tone knob and there’s a hidden delay with standard delay level, feedback time controls.
-The enhance button is actually compression/eq
-Autotune, doubling AND a voice changer.
-Two parameters can be footswitchable (including tap tempo, that’s the big one).
It’s a really good pedal for live and recording.
It gives me just enough echo to put my vocals over the top. I find I don’t need to work as hard to project my voice in a relatively loud environment. Saves a lot on my vocal chords. Easy to use and the doubling effect is great for those moments when you need a little help. Overall a nice device with just enough options to give you some different sounds and varying degrees of depth.
Guide To Vocal Processors: Five Quick Facts
These are the five facts you need to know about vocal processes brought to you by Comm-Fab. Number one there are three main styles the long then builds a rack mounted processes they’re great for artists who draw seriously it’s probably the priciest option in the long run there are also straightforward floor pedals they provide the convenience of instant toggling and interaction the final option is the tabletop make these are suited to the needs of the in-home recording artist and coffeehouse performer they have just as much versatility and processing power as others however they suffer from the weakest construction and a less efficient interface fact number two vocal processors provide for two main uses the first is to make a recording sound better these will shift the pitch of a singer to keep them in key the second is to change the style entirely this is what artists like Daft Punk .Fact number three in ancient Greek theater actors wore masks and parts to symbolize their character in the given play but they were also built the project sound outward even the etymology proves it persona contains roots for the words through and sound fact number four after ancient Greece vocal processing took a while to develop it wouldn’t become normal until the advent of the radio and it wouldn’t become accepted until well after Cher’s popular auto-tune hit believe fact number five some people argue that vocal processors are cheating they claim that putting the voice through any medium violates its purity there are a number of ways to counter that argument for instance you could say that arbitrary standards a counterproductive the last half century of music proves that new technologies provide the space for people to do exciting news but you don’t need to have that argument you can just use a vocal processor and prove them wrong.
- 1 TC Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT
- 2 Behringer Virtualizer 3D FX2000
- 3 Boss ve 8 Acoustic Singer
- 4 Vocal Processor TC Helicon
- 5 TC Helicon VoiceLive Play Vocal Effects Pedal Bundle with 12V 400mA DC Power Supply, Blucoil 2-Pack of 20-FT Balanced XLR Cables, 6-FT Stereo Aux Cable, and 5-Pack of Reusable Cable Ties
- 6 Boss VE-1 Vocal Echo
- 7 Boss VE-1 Vocal Echo Bundle with Power Supply, XLR Cable, and Austin Bazaar Polishing Cloth