The 5 Best Tactical Backpacks For 2020
1. 5.11 RUSH72 Tactical Backpack
5.11 RUSH72 Tactical Backpack, Large, Style 58602, Black
- Tactical Backpack RUSH72 features military bag design, built from high strength, water-repellant rucksack made with 1000D nylon; 3342 cubic inch / 55 liter total capacity
- This MOLLE military style tactical backpack is ready for patrol. Dual-zippered front and main compartments with glove friendly molded grip pulls. admin organization pocket to store maps, pens and documents.
- This heavy duty large military backpack features a front pocket - 15.5 x 11.5 x 2 inch, main compartment - 23 H x 13.5 L x 8.5 inches, hydration pocket -21 x 13.5 inches, left and right side pockets - 16.5 x 6 x 1.75 inch
- Adjustable dual density closed-cell foam shoulder straps; cinching waist strap and dual compression straps keeping your rucksack pack secure and comfortable.
- The 5.11 Rush72 Tactical backpack can be used as a multipurpose pack, bag, range bag, hunting backpack, army backpack, tactical sling bag, survival backpack, hiking rucksack, or everyday outdoor backpack.
5.11 Tactical Rush 72 • Tactical Backpack • Field Review
2. 5.11 RUSH24 Tactical Backpack
5.11 RUSH24 Tactical Backpack, Medium, Style 58601, Black
- Quite simply the best tactical military backpack on the market. This Rucksack bug out bag features a roomy main storage area, dual zipping side pockets and a stuff-it pocket with integrated draw cord and glove friendly pull tabs
- Rush24 Molle tactical backpack bag has a reinforced grab-and-go handle, hydration pocket, zippered fleece-lined eyewear pocket and wrap-around MOLLE/SlickStick web platform
- Military Style Tactical Backpack has 2275 cubic inch / 37 liter total capacity with Twin drainage grommets, and self-repairing YKK zippers. Perfect to use as a patrol backpack or trekking pack
- Also has three mesh admin compartments, zippered side water bottle pocket and a hook and loop area for nametape and flag patches. Water-repellant coating and has two external compression straps and a contoured yoke shoulder strap system
- The Rush24 tactical military backpack can be used as a multipurpose pack, bug out bag, range bag, hunting backpack, survival back pack, army backpack, sling bag, hiking rucksack, or every day outdoor backpack
511 RUSH 24 Back Pack Review
3. 5.11 RUSH12 Tactical Backpack
5.11 RUSH12 Tactical Backpack, Small, Style 56892, Black
- Tactical Backpack featuring 16 individual compartments, a roomy main storage area, and a hydration pocket. Equipped with an adjustable height sternum strap, two external compression straps and contoured yoke shoulder strap system
- Made from durable 1050D nylon (Multicam: 1000D nylon), this military backpack is water-resistant and features self-repairing YKK zippers and 5.11’s signature centerline design.
- Molle compatible with the wrap-around molle/5.11 slick stick web platform, internal multi-slot admin compartment and a zippered fleece-lined eyewear pocket. strap system
- Our Military backpack has hook and loop nametape, flag patches and glove-friendly pull tabs; perfect for patrol, outdoor hiking, trekking and camping, survival expedition, or day pack.
- The Rush12 backpack can be used as a multipurpose pack, bug out bag, range bag, hunting backpack, survival backpack, hiking Rucksack, or everyday outdoor backpack. This assault pack is ready for any rescue or adventure for all of your gear and equipment.
511 Tactical Rush 12 - In Depth Review - Out West with Chris
4. REEBOW GEAR Military Tactical Backpack
REEBOW GEAR Military Tactical Backpack Large Army 3 Day Assault Pack Molle Bug Out Bag Backpacks Rucksacks for Outdoor Hiking Camping Trekking Hunting Black
$39.99 in stock
1 used from $34.03
- Military Tactical backpack size approx.:13"*20"*11" / 33*50.5*28CM (W*H*D),Capacity: 40L; Military backpack is made of high density fabric--durable and water-resistant
- Molle tactical backpack has molle system, Molle webbing throughout for attaching additional tactical pouches or gear as 3 day assault pack backpack combat molle backpack.
- Assault pack backpack with double-stitched, Heavy duty zippers and utility-style cord pulls, Side and front load compression system, Ventilated mesh padded back area & shoulder strap,breathable and comfortable.
- Military backpack has hydration compatible that works great for a hydration bladder (backpack didn't include hydration bladder) as hydration backpack or outdoor camping hiking backpack.
- Tactical assault pack backpack can be used as 3 day assault pack, range bag, hunting backpack, survival backpack, army backpack, trekking backpack or day pack for daily use
Reebow Tactical 3 Day Military Backpack: BEST REVIEW EVER!!!
5. SOG Ninja Tactical Day Pack
SOG Ninja Tactical Day Pack, 24.2-Liter, Clay Brown
$28.04 in stock
- Water repellent backpack great for daily commute, travel, and hiking; modular design with large main compartment, front zippered pocket, and more
- Carries comfortably on your shoulders with yoke-style adjustable, padded straps and adjustable sternum slider; contoured foam back with multiple air channels
- Tactical features include MOLLE webbing for attaching a variety of optional accessories; tubing port for accessing hydration bladder pocket (reservoir sold separately)
- Hook-and-loop are on front of pack for attaching a flag patch; stretchy side pouch fits most water bottles
- Measures 13 x 18 x 3.5 inches (WxHxD) with 24.2-liter capacity; backed by lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
SOG Ninja Daypack Full Review
How do you pick best tactical backpacks?
How you doing everybody Tim here from Comm-Fab.com and yes I like backpacks versa packs I use them for hiking camping I use them for as my EDC bag this is the kind of bags I like this article is going to be about if you like these kinds of bags what my opinion is you should look for this article is about what I look for if you’re into the traditional backpacks regular hiking camping backpacks this article is probably not going to be for you I’m sorry I’m just not into those bags those kinds of bags good bags they’re just not for me I prefer something like this whether I’m making articles or not so in this article that’s what I’m going to discuss I’m going to kind of if I can help you lead you towards you know give you an idea maybe something you haven’t thought about maybe something you should look into when you’re looking to purchase something like one of these that’s what we’ll discuss today alright as I was saying if you’re into these kinds of bags whether you’re camping hiking whatever it is you go out and do I want to discuss the few things that I look for in the bag one of these kinds of bags I’m actually going to move a couple bags these all fall under what I look for they all have it if not more than what I’m looking for I’m actually just going to move a couple to kind of make a little bit of space I’m going to start with the death-dealer tactical this is the venom 48-hour backpack from death-dealer tactical it’s got everything I’m looking for and we’ll discuss that great bag I’m just going to move this for the sake of the article I’m also going to move my Maxpedition vulture to great pack it also has everything that I look for in a pact I’m going to get this one out of the way and we’ll leave these up here okay now what I have remaining is two bags 511 tactical I reason why I’m keeping to 511 because one is actually for hiking camping and going out making articles and the other one is actually my EDC bag and the same laws or theory in my opinion applies to an EDC bag which is why I’m also going to keep the Maxpedition versa pack up here this is the operate a three-day operated pack got from flashbacks calm fantastic website for survival gear bug out gear this also has and then some everything that I’m looking for so what are the things I’m looking for one is I will say a huge deal breaker is a grab handle okay whether it’s this three-day pack I need a grab handle at least one grab handle grab it off the ground in and out of the car you’re going to help somebody put it on you grab the handle a lot of times this is my EDC bag this is the 5-11 tactical rush 12 this hasn’t grabbed handle you need a grab handle Maxpedition jumbo has a grab handle I love this bag I kind of go between the brush 12 and the maximization jumbo bit of a size difference needs a grab handle now the operator pack from flashbacks comm not only has a very strong robust grab handle here but it also has a grab handle on each side right there I do have a full review coming in a week of this bag it’s got two and I really like that too on the side one on the top that’s huge I need a grab that will literally make or break buying a back or receiving a bag it really will all right now let’s discuss pals webbing all right I like pals webbing even on a versa pack the Versa pack doesn’t have much it does have some my EDC bag up and down both sides on the front my three-day backpack from 511 tad Smith is the rush 72 lots of pals webbing and also the operand pack from flash backs calm down both sides all on the front it has pals webbing I use a lot of pouches not so many pouches with the larger packs but definitely with my smaller bags versa pack small backpacks first aid kits on the outside of a spare mag or two on the outside my multi-tool on the outside of these bags I like pals webbing the more the better I’d rather be there and not need it than need it and it’s not there that is a huge plus for me looking for a bag all right now another thing is obviously I look at the shoulder straps padding is good I’ve actually had bags I don’t remember the brand with too much padding it actually felt like a flotation device padding is good 511 tactical great padding I love the yoke system that is really important obviously the Versa pack is small not going to be that heavy but it too has padding on the strap that’s important the upper impact from flashbacks calm very comfortable shoulder straps sewn into the bag I like that I like my shoulder straps to be actually a part of the bag itself and not just sewn on there because that creates a weak point the other thing is which includes which is another part of the shoulder straps is goes back to the pals webbing I need pals webbing up and down my straps now the flashbacks great bag but it doesn’t have as many as the 5-11 or my Maxpedition all the death-dealer tactical I like to put stuff on my shoulder straps I’m not really into wearing my fixed blade knife when I go into the woods hiking camping on my person I prefer it on my shoulder strap I can do that with all of these bags it must have some pals webbing up and down the shoulder strap and if not I also you don’t want it let’s discuss materials okay pretty much all these straps and pals webbing on everything I own is roughly this I mean really close it’s stiff will hold moly pouches very easily as far as the material that they’re actually made out of this 2ky actually three kinds there is Cordura the real stuff none of these bags are made with Cordura not a big deal it’s good to have but it’s not that big deal Maxpedition doesn’t use it 511 tactical doesn’t use it flashbacks calm they don’t use it on theirs and that deal a tactical does not but I try to get 1000 denier ballistic nylon I rather nothing under a thousand that goes for my backpacks my EDC bag my Versa pack Maxpedition always uses 1005 11 uses 1000 this bag is actually 1000 denier polyester which is really strong it’s more flexible this is the operator pack you can find this on flashbacks calm it’s very flexible but does not feel cheap it feels it’s thick and it feels it’s solid I don’t worry about this given way ripping and when I’m out it adds solid as the 1000 denier ballistic nylon now the 48-hour venom pack from Deb deal a tactical fantastic bag this is actually 600d not 1000 it’s 600 d but it still feels very it’s a good quality it does feel very strong and I really do not see it every giving out if it was to rip they something really bad happened I will not go below 600 I prefer 1000 I’ll settle at 600 especially if it’s well made like death deal a tactical break great bag polyester not a bad material it’s very flexible a lot more than the max edition bags in the 5-11 but it’s 1000 denier polyester that is pretty much it for that I want 1000 and nothing on the 6 if I have a say alright next something I look for is the zippers in zipper tracks these bags that I have I prefer YKK any size of YKK but I prefer YKK industrial thick zipper tracks 511 and Maxpedition they use YKK zippers and I believe zipper tracks death-dealer tactical and the operator back from that flashbacks calm they do not now I have other stuff that also does not use YKK zippers but they are large zip is very I mean one solid piece zipper and the zipper tracks are very strong and the majority of time they sell them with self-healing zipper tracks very important so these zip is on the operated pack look exactly like feel exactly like and operate exactly like YKK zip is on this bag or a Maxpedition bag are they YKK I don’t believe so they don’t say it on their website but they one solid piece and they’re very strong and I’ve never had a zipper on this on this or anything else that is not YKK come apart the majority of them I mean they’ve just very strong and understand this I’m not very easy on my gear my stuff is used it may look really good because in between trips and using and I do take good care of it but what I’m out I’m not babying my stuff very often my hands are full I’m doing stuff I’m grabbing a zipper and I’m and I’m yanking it open to get it open with one hand all right um never had one come apart break whatever as far as zipper pulls does it need a little fancy tab on it like the 5-11 not at all a paracord which you see almost on everything is fine I really I don’t care if it has a nice little doohickey a little whistle it doesn’t matter to me that’s really not that important to me but a good strong industrial zipper preferably YKK but it has to be a very strong zipper now let’s discuss compression straps all right the Maxpedition as well as death dealer tactical have the why over-the-top compression strap very nice to have not that big of a deal but if you can get it on a bag it’s nice to have all the bags I mentioned the flashbacks calm operated pack the 5-11 rush series whether it be the 12 to 24 or the 72 all the Maxpedition ones have and as well as they definitely have two on the sides not all of them have one that goes over the top none of these do the 5-11 and this one does not but depth dealer tactical does and Maxpedition does on several other bags they have the YY k the Y strap going over the top nice to have that’s not a deal-breaker but it again it’s nice to have one more thing and they have to be strong they’re all plastic to some degree fast tax buckles I mean there’s different kinds but I never had one really go actually I did have a uh my Condor the buckle got stuck in the in the door I shut the door on and it broke believe it or not it still worked even though one of the right here one of the things on the side broke it still worked flawlessly I never replaced it I want to see how long it work like that and it worked just fine I ended up getting rid of that bag in order to get something else because it really wasn’t getting much use anymore but other than that one time and it still worked I’ve never had a problem with a buckle they all worked and yeah waist straps all of these have some type of waist strap whether it’s just a thin you know nylon webbing or the raw put away or a really thick one with pals webbing on it I don’t really like waist straps they never fit on me very well providing the shoulder harness the shoulder straps work in our contoured that’s even nice to have then I don’t I don’t use them I know their purpose and yes they work I load up my bags really heavy and I just don’t like them I always have a multi-tool on me to spare magazines when I go in the woods my hand gun on me and maybe even other things on me if I have a waist strap it’s kind of pushing things around but and I have to wear it high which defeats the purpose supposed to rest on your hips I just don’t use them so if it has it great if it doesn’t have it even better as long as I can hide it and tuck it away inside the bag or remove it completely the majority of these bags they do that if I can’t hide it or I can’t remove it I’m probably not going to get the back because I don’t like to cut in and do stuff like that to my bags I’m not going to modify anything I’m not into modifying my stuff I just don’t like if you like them and you want to use them by all means great but as long as I can remove it I’ll hide it tuck it in the bag itself not a problem I’ll probably buy that back all right so I use these bags as my EDC bags my everyday and I don’t need a lot of pockets on these but when it comes to the large bags I like organization I want pockets pouches sleeves all that good stuff now I can tell you that these two three day backpacks 511 Rus 72 flash patch comm this is the operator three-day pack they have a ton of organization pockets sleeves pouches zippered nets and both of them lots of pockets on the sides of both of these this 70 ruff 72 is slightly larger than the operated pack but the side pockets are great on my EDC bags I don’t necessarily need a lot of internal organization I don’t carry while I carry quite a few things but a pocket or two I’m good that’s fine but when it comes to the large bags I really want that because I’m filling them I’m putting a lot of stuff in there so the more places I can put stuff or put pouches med kits whatever the better I will look inside of a bag when I’m researching bags it’s not that big of a deal but if I could get if it’s got everything on the outside I’m more attracted to the outside of a bag I pay more attention to what’s on the outside of the bag as opposed to the inside the inside pouches no pouches lots of pouches a couple pouches it’s not going to break the deal I’m not going to not buy it if I’m happy with everything on the outside and your mileage may vary you may want a lot of pouches last but not least let’s discuss price if I can get it back for Timmy a good bag right around the hundred dollar mark right I really start questioning do I need that bag when it starts getting well over the hundred now there are some great bags out there two three four hundred you know the names the brands I don’t need to say them I can’t afford those bags I can’t afford those bags but I still want a good bag that’s going to serve a purpose it’s going to last me many years these bags serve that purpose the Maxpedition vulture – I’ve had for years and I’ve used it many times this bag right now the last I’ve looked you look in between roughly 130 140 up to 170 is on too much for this bet honestly I’ve seen some good prices and I will buy these bags use there’s a lot that I won’t buy used like electronics when it comes to nylon gear providing it’s been taken care of but it’s not coming apart no issues I’ll buy you used bag it doesn’t bother me I’ve seen these the of the vulture – you’re looking at 140 up to 170 I would not pay 170 for this bed the rush 72 great bag this is on average a hundred and seventy dollars this is worth a hundred and sell new dolls obviously if you can get it less than that great I got this fall I think 130 I’m happy with that 130 bucks this is a great bag end up selling something to get the money to buy that that’s a long story but anyway the rush 12 this is my EDC bag you can get this roughly 70 bucks I believe maybe 80 about 70 well worth 50 60 $70 the I know not a backpack but I want to include it is my EDC one of my EDC bags this is the max position jumbo verso pack I say about 70 bucks I’ve seen them for $80 is it worth 70 or 80 bucks that’s questionable if you get it for 50 roughly good deal all right death-dealer tactical this is the 48 hour venom pack they call it great bag you can have this back if I think 55 maybe 60 bucks I got this at squid away surplus calm great website lots of cool stuff they’re owned by veteran I like to support that and good back great bag now the quality on this isn’t up there with these but it’s good quality and it’s a $50 $60 backpack that’s a great bag for 50 60 bucks if your budget is a little tight the flashbacks come this is their operator pack has everything every everybody else has it is polyester but still 1000 d all the grab handles this is a great bag you can have this bag off the asite for $90 and 80 90 bucks that shipped to your door that’s a lot of bag for under $100 it’s up there with this and the quality it’s a much lower cost but I’m not a much lower quality so you have a large number of bags different prices and the quality ranges but the price changes a lot where’s the quality a little bit these are all good bags tested very a long time use the crap out of them I’m hanging stuff eight pound tripods off the top I have camera equipment inside I got you knives I got ammo I got all these bags have done that and then some so that is it there’s a lot of choices out there there’s a lot of great bags some of them considerably more money than others but amazing quality if you can afford those bags by all means if money is really tight or a little bit tight you go after these bags and I guarantee you any one of these bags will serve you for way more years than then you’re going to need it so I like backpacks obviously thank you for reading everybody I do appreciate your time
- 1 5.11 RUSH72 Tactical Backpack, Large, Style 58602, Black
- 2 5.11 RUSH24 Tactical Backpack, Medium, Style 58601, Black
- 3 5.11 RUSH12 Tactical Backpack, Small, Style 56892, Black
- 4 REEBOW GEAR Military Tactical Backpack Large Army 3 Day Assault Pack Molle Bug Out Bag Backpacks Rucksacks for Outdoor Hiking Camping Trekking Hunting Black
- 5 SOG Ninja Tactical Day Pack, 24.2-Liter, Clay Brown